Since 2008, Useagility has worked with hundreds of clients in dozens of sectors— collectively, we've documented what makes some very successful companies tick.
Kyle Rezac-Dennis is a product designer who specializes in UX Research and ideation. Primarily using mixed-method, qualitative research, and alignment techniques, Kyle builds strong project foundations for business-led IT improvement projects that include foundational project planning documents and mobile-first, early-stage concepts or prototypes.
Posts by Kyle
Making the Case for UX
How are you making design decisions?
Even organizations with mature User Experience (UX) cultures and design professionals find themselves in a battle to influence strategy and optimize product design.
We asked members of the UX community in Kansas City what their organizations needed to be successful. Here are some common opportunities anyone could relate to:
- Increase in-house collaboration between UX and other departments
- Promote UX and UX principles within the organization
- Share proof of UX value to evangelize buy-in
- Gain representation at the leadership level
Speak to What Leaders Want
Business leaders are compelled by analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Whether you’re asking for additional UX resources or selling others on investing in UX, we have learned a few things about what works, starting with putting the business benefit at the forefront of each request. Here are some of the keys to our success:
- Focus conversations on business opportunities, not UX
- Hone in on what drives revenue up and costs down and how user-centered design can help
- Analyze existing user data to identify opportunities that deliver value
- Help those around you and uncover benefits for your company
- Test and gather insights quickly and cost-effectively
- Conduct 1:1 stakeholder interviews prior to workshops to understand how goals and opportunities align for each group involved in a project
How We Do It
Each Useagility engagement begins with tailored research to deeply understand the business and its users. Once we’ve made a design, we loop back around and test it again until it’s ready.
By focusing on the intersection of business goals, user needs, and technical capabilities, we will help clients identify strategic solutions that harness untapped opportunities.
With research and strategy in mind we use goal-directed design to craft experiences that delight users.